I love to take my time getting dressed for almost every occasion, carefully adding and subtracting accessories while blaring some music until I reach the perfect balance. However, anyone who has ever had to arrive at work pre-9am knows this is not always the most practical method. Unfortunately, I am rarely satisfied by a full outfit of basic staples lacking any attention grabbing statement. Enter a single piece that ups the drama: The Peplum. Attached to the top of a skirt, or the bottom of a shirt, this piece adds hippy drama, highlights the waist, and requires little effort elsewhere. Despite the intimidating extra fabric at the hips, a flattering fit is possible by opting for a more relaxed straight skirt instead of a figure hugging pencil silhouette.
While the trend is running rampant on the fall runways, there are several peplum options already available for spring at a variety of prices:
- This angular version lends a mod vibe to the trend.
- This pencil rendition is perfectly lady like with less volume.
- This mini is simple and easy to work into any wardrobe.
- I love the ruffled peplum and purple color of this one.
- A pencil option in spring’s sorbet shade.