My parents recently moved to a new city and my mom has been designing their new space with a mix of newly purchased furniture and moved pieces. The house is a large, older home with separated rooms and detailed wood work. While the house is similar in style to homes my family has lived in previously, they didn’t move a great deal of furniture, which means….it’s time to play dress up.
– A white sofa is a really daring choice (especially if you’re a fan of red vino), but in a home with a formal living room and no kids why not go for it? Plus I love a couch with a chaise extension, they really are the best for lounging.
– I find the sofa with the white throw pillows a little too sterile, and would ditch them for jewel tone printed pillows. I love the rich berry print on this pillow and would pile them around for comfort (and stain protection.)
– With this white leather couch, my parents would definitely need some natural elements to complement their taste and existing antiques. This wood frame mirror would be gorgeous over an arm chair or the couch.
– Growing up our den had a massive wooden coffee table with two drawers that held literally everything and the kitchen sink. This modern version is a little bit sleeker, but the grain provides a nice natural focal point.
– I love a little shimmer, and this pillow is just neutral enough.
– Every living room needs a cozy throw, and this soft blue complements the jewel tone pillows with a contrasting hue.
– My mom has a thing for yellow rooms and always find a gorgeous gold for dining rooms. This pale butter yellow would be a beautiful way to extend the color into the living room.
– How great are these storage suitcases? They actually open to provide storage, but also could act as an interesting side table stacked together.
– My parents have fantastic artwork from all of their travels that bring warmth and a personal touch to every space. While they tend to incorporate photos or artwork purchased while traveling, I do love this piece currently on One Kings Lane!